About Freeport-McMoRan Oil & Gas
As a division of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX), Freeport-McMoRan Oil & Gas acquires, develops, explores for, and produces oil and natural gas. Freeport-McMoRan’s oil and gas operations are located onshore and offshore in California, the Gulf Coast Region, the Gulf of Mexico and the Rocky Mountains. The oil and gas division is headquartered in Houston. As the fourth largest oil and natural gas producer in California, Freeport-McMoRan Oil & Gas employs more than 460 company personnel and over 500 contract personnel in Los Angeles, San Joaquin Valley and Central Coast areas.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with an industry leading global portfolio of mineral assets, significant oil and gas resources and a growing production profile. The oil and gas division consists of the assets and people from the former Plains Exploration & Production Company and the McMoRan Exploration Co. Both companies merged with FCX in June 2013. FCX has a long-standing history of environmental stewardship and outstanding safety. Find out more at www.FCX.com.
The following is a list of commendations awarded:
California Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) Outstanding Field and Lease Facility Maintenance Award
- The Los Angeles Basin Packard location received the 2012 Outstanding Lease Facility Maintenance Award.
- Jesus Maria Lease received the Outstanding Lease Facility Maintenance Award for nine consecutive years from 1999 to 2008.
Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards
- Received Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards for 2010 from the National Safety Council for our California Los Angeles Basin San Vicente and Packard locations.
National Safety Council Safety Leadership Award
- Received National Safety Council Safety Leadership Awards in 2012 for the 2011 year for 21 locations/facilities. These awards were earned across all operating areas of the company, recognizing our operational excellence for 2011.
Perfect Record Awards
- The Los Angeles Basin Operations, Packard location, received the National Safety Council’s Perfect Record Award for operating 11,390 employee hours without occupational injury or illness involving days away from work, March 24, 2009 – March 24, 2010.
County of Santa Barbara Petroleum Department
- Received special recognition for the county’s finding of zero deficiencies during the Lompoc Field and Jesus Maria Field comprehensive regulatory code and standards inspection in April 2008.
National Safety Council Safety Leadership Awards for Outstanding Safety Practices for Facilities:
- Platform Harvest, 2008
- Platform Hidalgo, 2008
- Pt. Hueneme, 2008
- Gaviota Oil and Heating Facility, 2008
- Lompoc Oil and Gas Plant, 2008
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) California Operator of the Year, 2006
BLM Best Management Practices National Award Winner, 2006
Smart Business Recycling Award for 2005 by the County of Los Angeles, Department of Public Works, and Environmental Programs Division MMS SAFE Award
- Arguello Inc. (a subsidiary) received the award four times since 2000.
SBC Fire Department Citizen Recognition Award for sponsoring two county firefighters from Lompoc FS #51 to attend oilfield fire training at Texas A&M 2001.
Successful audits and inspections from the following agencies:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District (APCD)
- Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB)
- Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Safety/Reliability Review Committee (SBC SSRRC)
Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard
- Cleans Seas LLC, received a public service commendation for 15 acts of assistance to mariners in distress from 2002 to 2007 “in keeping with the highest maritime traditions.” We serve as a Chairman of the Board and member of the Executive Committee.
Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors
- The Board unanimously passed a resolution commending and congratulating the company’s subsidiary, Arguello Inc. for its safe operations and labeling Arguello a good neighbor – 2002.
Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Award
- SPE recognized our Public Outreach Program for the Teacher Tours in 2006.
American Cancer Society Sincere Appreciation Award for company support of the Relay for Life Event 2005