PXP is an independent oil and natural gas company primarily engaged in the activities of acquiring, developing, exploring and producing oil and natural gas in California, Texas and Louisiana. PXP employs more than 430 company personnel and over 400 contract personnel in the Los Angeles Basin, San Joaquin Valley, and Central Coast. PXP has a long-standing history of environmental stewardship and is a National Safety Council 2009 Industry Leader Award Winner. This annual award recognizes PXP as an organization that achieved a safety record in the top 5 percent of industry peers. This is the second time PXP has received this prestigious award in the last four years. Find out more at www.PXP.com.
The following is a list of commendations awarded to PXP:
Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards
• PXP received the Occupational Excellence Achievement award from the NSC (National Safety Council) for 21 PXP locations. These Awards were earned across all Operating areas of the company, recognizing our Operational Excellence for 2011.
• PXP received Occupational Excellence Achievement Awards for 2010 from the National Safety Council for PXP’s California Los Angeles Basin San Vicente and Packard locations.
Perfect Record Awards
• PXP’s Los Angeles Basin Operations, Packard location received the National Safety Council’s Perfect Record Award for operating 11,390 employee hours without occupational injury or illness involving days away from work. March 24, 2009 – March 24, 2010.
County of Santa Barbara Petroleum Department
• PXP received special recognition for the county’s finding of zero (0) deficiencies during the Lompoc Field and Jesus Maria Field comprehensive regulatory code and standards inspection in April 2008
National Safety Council Safety Leadership Awards for Outstanding Safety Practices for Facilities:
• Platform Harvest, 2008
• Platform Hidalgo, 2008
• Pt. Hueneme, 2008
• Gaviota Oil and Heating Facility, 2008
• Lompoc Oil and Gas Plant, 2008
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) California Operator of the Year, 2006
BLM Best Management Practices National Award Winner, 2006California Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) Outstanding Lease Awards for
• Jesus Maria Lease has received the award nine (9) consecutive years 1999 to 2008
Smart Business Recycling Award for 2005 by the County of Los Angeles, Department of Public Works, and Environmental Programs DivisionMMS SAFE Award
• Arguello Inc. (subsidiary of PXP) received the award four (4) times since 2000
SBC Fire Department Citizen Recognition Award for sponsoring two county firefighters from Lompoc FS #51 to attend oilfield fire training at Texas A&M 2001
Successful audits and inspections from the following agencies:
• Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
• Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District (APCD)
• Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB)
• Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors Safety/Reliability Review Committee (SBC SSRRC)
Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard
• Cleans Seas LLC, received a public service commendation for 15 acts of assistance to mariners in distress from 2002 to 2007 “in keeping with the highest maritime traditions.” PXP serves as Chairman of the Board and member of the Executive Committee
Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors
• The Board unanimously passed a resolution commending and congratulating PXP’s subsidiary, Arguello Inc. for its safe operations and labeling Arguello a good neighbor – 2002
Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Award
• SPE recognized PXP’s Public Outreach Program for the Teacher Tours 2006
American Cancer Society Sincere Appreciation Award for PXP’s support of the Relay for Life Event 2005